The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/health Web site, including their identity, is respected by this Web site. The Web site owners undertake to honor or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in the country and state where the Web site is located.
This website is updated monthly. We do not advertise on the website. The website is funded by the Ocular Immunology and Uveitis Foundation.
Dr. C. Stephen Foster owns the copyright in all contents of the uveitis.org website unless otherwise indicated. We present all such copyrighted material here for personal use only as long as the copyright notice and permission notice is included in your reproduction. We expressly prohibit reprints or electronic reproduction of any document in part or in its entirety, unless you obtain prior written consent from Dr. Foster. Address all applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Foster provides on-line information and services on the Internet to physicians and to the public for educational purposes.
1. DR. FOSTER, HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL (HMS), Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution , OCULAR IMMUNOLOGY AND UVEITIS FOUNDATION AND ANY WEBSITE CONTRIBUTORS AND THEIR AFFILIATES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, AS TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY MATERIAL PRESENTED HERE, WHICH IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. DR. FOSTER, HMS, Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution , OCULAR IMMUNOLOGY AND UVEITIS FOUNDATION AND ITS WEBSITE CONTRIBUTORS ARE NOT LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY: a) ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS OBTAINED HERE; b) DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY FROM ANY USE OF IDEAS CONTAINED HERE; AND/OR c) ANY DAMAGES INCURRED IF MATERIAL INFECTS OR CONTAMINATES A USER’S SYSTEM.
2. The information published on the uveitis.org website is not intended to replace consultation with an ophthalmologist. Dr. Foster cannot answer specific medical questions or refer you to a particular ophthalmologist.
3. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the opinions expressed and statements made by various authors on this website reflect the author’s observations and do not imply endorsement by Harvard Medical School(HMS).
4. Dr. Foster does not exert editorial control over and has not participated in the development of other Internet websites. Dr. Foster does not support, endorse, or hold any responsibility for hyperlink pointers, their website content, any of their expressed views, any services they offer or hyperlinks they mention. Dr. Foster does not endorse any of the products or companies mentioned in the uveitis.org website.
This site contains links to other sites. Dr. Foster is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
uveitis.org and mersi.us will protect your e-mail address from inappropriate use. E-mail to Dr. Foster at email@example.com, although private, may be filed in your medical records for documentation purposes if you are an established patient of Dr. Foster, or may become part of your medical record if you come to him for consultation. This, coupled with the imperfect security of encrypted e-mail transmissions creates obvious potential privacy risks.
Under no circumstances should e-mail be used for communication of urgent or emergency matters. Dr. Foster travels to lecture often and widely, and attempts to access his e-mail even while abroad, answering most inquiries within 48-72 hours. However, there can be no guarantee for such a response time.
This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
Dr. C. Stephen Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE AND YOU MAY NOT REGISTER AS A USER.
1. You Understand and Agree to these Definitions: The terms “You” and “User” as used here refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this website for any reason. The term “Website” refers to uveitis.org and to mersi.us.
2. You Will Follow All Laws That Apply to Your Use of This Website. You agree that you will not use this Website in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material, including without limitation Website Content, (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
3. You Will Not Violate the Copyrights, Trademarks or Intellectual Property Rights of Dr. Foster or Others.
Copyrights: All of the content of this Website, including text, art, graphics, logos, buttons, images, pictures, audio clips, software, and code is the property of Dr. Foster, our partners or content providers and is protected by US and international copyright laws. Except as granted in the Limited License below, any other use of such content, including modification, transmission, presentation, distribution or re-publication is PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF Dr. Foster.
4. You Accept a Limited License. Dr. Foster grants you a limited license to download the material on this Website solely for your personal, noncommercial use. If you violate any provision of these TOS, your license to use such material terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the material.
5. You Agree to These Restrictions On Your Use of This Website:
A. Content: You must retain all copyright, trademark, service-mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Website Content on any copy you make of the Website Content. You may not sell or modify the Website Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Website Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Website Content on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that Dr. Foster creates to generate any Website Content or the pages making up any uveitis.org. It is also protected by the copyright.
B. Security and Integrity: You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of this Website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”, (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
6. You Agree That Dr. Foster, HMS, OCULAR IMMUNOLOGY AND UVEITIS FOUNDATION, and Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution are Not Liable For Your Use of this Website
A. No Warranty. ALL INFORMATION MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE OR PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, ANIMATION, JAVA SCRIPT, COOKIES OR DOCUMENTS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DR. FOSTER AND ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS STRAINS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
B. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL DR. FOSTER, OCULAR IMMUNOLOGY AND UVEITIS FOUNDATION NOR ANY OF THEIR MANAGERS, HMS, Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution , EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE, OR, IF NO PURCHASE PRICE WAS PAID OR CHARGED, THE SUM OF $100.00. IN ADDITION, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL DR. FOSTER, HMS NOR ANY OF THEIR MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN ANY ACTION OR CLAIM INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR TORT, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH USE OF THIS WEBSITE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE OR USE OF ANY MATERIAL, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS, CONTAINED ON, OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
C. Links to Other Sites. This Website contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Dr. Foster of the contents on such third-party Web sites. Dr. Foster is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Websites. If you decide to access linked third party Websites, you do so at your own risk.
7. DISCLAIMER OF MEDICAL LIABILITY: You understand and Agree that Dr. Foster does Not Provide Medical Advice or Endorsements.
A. This Website Does Not Provide Medical Advice. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this website is the opinion or information of its author, not HMS. This website is intended for use by medical professionals and consumers or patients. This website is not a substitute for medical advice. Always contact your own eye doctor or other professional healthcare provider if you have a question concerning your or your family’s health.
RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DR. FOSTER, HMS, Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution & OCULAR IMMUNOLOGY AND UVEITIS FOUNDATION ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS, DRUG AND DEVICE APPLICATION OR OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THIS SITE.
B. Dr. Foster Does Not Recommend or Endorse The Products or Services of Others. Dr. Foster does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, drugs, devices, products, services, physicians, or medical institutions that may be mentioned or referenced on this Website. Any advertisers who purchase banners or otherwise support Dr. Foster and this Website at any time have no influence on the editorial content or presentation and any such advertisements are not implied or express endorsements of any product, service, or company.
8. You Agree that Dr. Foster Can Terminate Your Account. Dr. Foster reserves the right to refuse service and terminate accounts, including, but not limited to, if Dr. Foster believes user conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to our interests or other users, or for any other reason at Dr. Foster’s sole discretion, with or without cause.
9. You Understand and Agree to the Following General Legal Provisions:
A. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms of Service will be governed by Massachusetts law for all purposes, including Website and services use and product purchases, without regard to or application of choice of law rules or principles. You hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts of Massachusetts.
B. Export Laws: The U.S. export control laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals. You agree to abide by these laws and their regulations, including but not limited to the Export Administration Act and the Arms Export Control Act, and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any materials or information derived from the Web site to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of such laws.
C. Indemnification: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Dr. Foster, HMS, Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution , OCULAR IMMUNOLOGY AND UVEITIS FOUNDATION, their officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and affiliates from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including but not limited to, reasonable legal and accounting fees resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these TOS or any activity related to your account (including infringement of third parties’ worldwide intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing uveitis.org using your account.
E. Waiver: Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service or other legal notices posted on this Website shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. No waiver of any of these Terms of Service or of any other legal notices posted on this Website shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
F. Severability: If any provision of the TOS or of any other legal notices posted on this Website is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS should remain in full force and effect.
G. Assignment: Dr. Foster may assign his rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you and/or your approval.
H. Headings: The section titles in this TOS Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
I. Notices: If you have questions or comments regarding this Website, please contact us at email@example.com.